Here comes the Liebster Award back to Sinekdoks! After missing it in 2014, the award finally dropped in this blog again. FYI, this is Sinekdoks’ second Liebster award nomination following the same nomination in 2013.
The adorable Myriam Petrini of Cinema Liquido has passed the award to me few days ago; thank you, Myriam. Now, it’s high time I spread the words to others and initiate a chain reaction towards my fellow bloggers.
Here comes the rules:
Part #1: Answering Myriam’s questions.
01. Where does the blog’s name come from?
‘Twas all influenced by Charlie Kaufman’s Synecdoche, New York; although, ‘Sinekdoks’ is also derived from 3 Indonesian words—sinema (cinema), sinekdoke (synecdoche), and paradoks (paradox).
02. Do you follow foreign blog?
YES. Mostly I follow foreign blogs.
03. What do you expect from your blog?
I always expect my blog to be a vault for my thoughts towards films and cinema, but lately, I expect it to be more than that. I want it to be a vault for people to interact, to get to know each other, to express ideas about certain things related to films. You know, my expectation grows.
04. What’s the best satisfaction you have been having with your blog since the beginning?
To be still blogging until now (after 2 years)—that’s my best satisfaction. I hope more years of blogging to come along.
05. Why did you open a blog?
Let me quote my own answer of a similar question.
It spurts out naturally, like a boy having his first wet dream. When you watch tons of movies and loves each one of them (in any way), you cannot resist from their spurting out through your mouth orally to your friends or through social media–until finally you’ll need something to spurt your “love”.
06. What kind of topics do you like to talk about on your posts?
Yet, I plan to talk about more things, I just don’t know how to start.
07. What are the most important elements to make a great blog?
INTERACTION. A great blog should be interactive.
08. How do you think will be your blog in the future?
I don’t know for sure. Yet, I hope I can still write things on my blog even when I barely have time. I really wish to meet someone willing to be my co-blogger or full-time collaborator. ANYONE?
09. Have you ever had difficulties with blogging?
There were ample of it, i.e., tight schedule, blogger’s block, boredom, and all. Yet, I could overcome ’em so far and I wish I can still overcome ’em for years to go.
10. 3 adjectives to describe you.
Utopian, violent, enthusiastic.
11. What’s your favorite film?
I don’t know how to answer it. Yet, here comes my top 5: Bronson (Nicholas Winding-Refn), Pan’s Labyrinth (Guillermo del Toro), The Assassination of Jesse James (Andrew Dominik), Thirst (Park Chan-wook), 5 Centimeters per Second (Makoto Shinkai).
Part #2: Random facts about me.
01. I love a girl named Maria Wulandari
02. I have a dog named Loki and a cat named Doni; and they’re best friends.
03. My first post on Sinekdoks was a greeting for the universe and the second was about Jaco van Dormael’s Mr. Nobody while the first review was Park Chan-wook’s Stoker—the last two was written in Bahasa Indonesia.
04. I used to have a rock band named Levywar (styled as LVYWR).
05. I’m proud to be straight edge.
06. My (current) favorite phone app is GarageBand.
07. I’m a bloglovin’ and letterboxd user.
08. I love going to the cinema by myself and I love watching movies by myself as well. However, I don’t refuse movie-dating.
09. Oh, I’m a proud iPhone user.
10. I write posts on my blog via PC, but I reply to comments via phone.
11. I want everyone who reads this to press Ctrl and A at the same time then check my #01.
Part #3: Question to fellow bloggers.
Then here comes 11 questions from me that my fellow bloggers need to answer. Oh, since I manage a movie-blog, I would like to nominate all 11 movie-bloggers, the questions will be all about movie and movie-blogging. Fair enough?
01. Please name a movie that can describe you or what you feel now! Sebutkan satu film yang paling pas menggambarkan dirimu atau perasaanmu saat ini.
02. What’s your all time favorite movie OST? Apa OST film favoritmu sepanjang jaman?
03. Choose one: Jurassic World, Terminator Genysis, or Star Wars Eps. VII?
04. Choose one: annoying cliffhanger or super-twisted bad ending? Pilih yang mana: cliffhanger super nggantung atau bad ending yang penuh twist.
05. Choose one: European movie, Asian movie, Australian movie or South American movie? Name a title! Pilih salah satu: Film Eropa, film Asia, film Australia atau film Amerika Selatan? Sebut salah satu judul film favoritmu dari region tersebut.
06. What’s the best Indonesian movie you ever watched? Apa film Indonesia yang paling bagus?
07. If your life were a movie, what other movie might look similar to it? Kalau hidupmu adalah film, film lain apa yang paling mirip sama film-mu?
08. If your life were still a movie, who will portray you best? Kalau hidupmu adalah film lagi, siapa yang paling pantas memerankanmu?
09. As a movie blogger, what kind of comment you loathe? Sebagai movie blogger, comment macam apa yang kalian benci?
10. As a movie blogger, do you follow foreign blogger and interact with them? Why yes, why not? Sebagai movie blogger, apakah kalian follow blogger asing dan berinteraksi dengan mereka? Kenapa?
11. Now, please describe your blog in a sentence! Gambarkan blog kalian dalam satu kalimat.
Now, I nominate these 11 bloggers for the Liebster Award.
01. Me On The Movie
02. Inspired Ground
07. Review Luthfi
08. Rambling Film
11. A Fistful of Film
Go bloggers! I’d be very glad if you’re partaking on this and I’d love to read all your answers to my question as well as your next questions. Good luck! You’re nominated!