In anticipation of the coming Halloween, Sinekdoks is teaming up with Hestia Istiviani a.k.a. Hzboy (http://hestiaistiviani.com/) into making a collaboration post titled: What the Hell… oween!
The idea is we are going to separately watch 4 films along October, one film per week, and respectively post a collaborative review on our own blog. The film picks are prearranged and we have decided a big theme for that: films about being away from society. Well, I guess those films should be horror, but let’s see. Reason is, Hesti is really an introvert lad; so I guess these films would give her a real bone-chiller. For me, I have a really bad sense of horror; so I guess I should be okay.
The schedule of the films would be as follows:
SUN Oct 9 – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
SUN Oct 16 – The Blair Witch Project X Blair Witch
WED Oct 26 – We Are What We Are
MON Oct 31 – The SacramentThe SacramentThe Sacrament
On each post, we are going to analyze those films in 8 simple points.
1) How we manage to see those films (so this one also examines our state of mind prior to the viewing)
2) How we sum up the story in only a paragraph
3) Our small review about the films
4) Which scene(s) scare or excite us most
5) What we like most from the film; and 6) What we dislike most
7) Who would we be and what would we do if we were in the film;
8) Final verdict and score; whether it’s a trick or treat.
We really hope those films would give us (or at least, Hestia) some thrills and this collaborative post (which happens to be my first!) would be a fun voyage. Happy early Halloween, people!
2 thoughts on “What the Hell… oween! A Collaborative Post”