This is actually Sinekdoks‘ third Liebster Award in the last 3 and a half years. The first award hit us in 2013 and the second one in 2015. As for 2016, I was nominated by Wendell from Dell on Movies and accepted it. Now it’s my responsibility to answer the question and pass the torch to my fellow bloggers.
The rules are simple and clear:
01. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you (in my case, Wendell).
02. Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself (which I had done twice previously so I decided to skip now).
03. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the award (which I will only pass it to 9 other bloggers)
04. Ask 11 questions to be answered by those bloggers you nominated.
So, without further ado, Sinekdoks presents the third Liebster award.
Part 1: Answering Wendell’s questions.
1. Name an actor or actress who’s films you will always see, no matter what. Tell us why?
Shaylene Woodley. Been since Alexander Payne’s The Descendants, admiration to her only gets better although her movies gone bad to worse recently.
Jake Gyllenhaal. Simply, a legend is in the making.
2. Name an actor or actress who’s films you try not to see, no matter what. Tell us why?
Liam Neeson on a solo outing since Taken. Take it loud and clear, Taken has shifted my perception of Sir Neeson.
3. What movie would you like to see get a sequel that never got one?
(500) Days of Summer. I always love to hate it for not giving extra time for hope when Tom (JGL) meets Autumn.
4. Where is your ideal seat in a movie theater?
2/3 back in the middle. Let’s assume D or E 8,9, 10, or 11 (If the movie theater is has A to L rows and each row has 18 seats).
5. Other than in a theater, how do you watch most movies? (Redbox, Netflix, online, Blu-Rays/DVDs you own, etc.)
Netflix FTW! I just found out a week ago that it’s very interesting and I just can’t let go.
6. Name a movie you love from a genre you hate.
YES to My Sassy Girl (2001), NO to Korean romance.
7. Name a movie you hate from a genre you love.
NO to Twilight (2008) and sequels, YES to Vampire drama.
8. What classic era director (1960s or earlier) would’ve made a great superhero movie? Why?
I don’t know many director from 1960s or ealier, but if Ed Wood (Yes! That Ed Wood) ever made a superhero movie, it would be a cult one. Perhaps, he could make Deadpool if only it had been created during Ed’s lifetime.
9. What currently working director would’ve made a great classic era noir? Why?
David Fincher ftw. Because why not? He knows how to make use of low-key lighting with moods and “noir” character.
10. What famous person would you like to see get a biopic that hasn’t had one?
11. You’re going to spend the rest of your life all alone on a deserted island. You’re allowed to bring only three movies with you. What are they and why?
Drive – Ryan Gosling with fine neon-bathed visuals and cool soundtrack. I’ll spend the whole day replaying it for sure.
Once – The only movie which I always play whenever I don’t know what to watch is definitely a must.
(500) Days of Summer – Similar to the other two: great casts, great scenes, and great OSTs are definitely worth some shots.
Part 2: Questions to fellow bloggers.
Here comes 11 questions to be answered on your own post.
01. Mention your most favorite movie since 2000! (Sebutkan satu film favoritmu yang rilis sejak tahun 2000!)
02. Mention your most favorite movie quote of all time! (Sebutkan satu movie quote favoritmu sepanjang masa!)
03. If The Dark Knight trilogy is included, are you at DC or Marvel? (Kalau trilogi Dark Knight dimasukkan, kamu lebih pilih DC atau Marvel?)
04. What’s your most favorite movie sequel ever? (Apa sekuel film favoritmu sepanjang masa?)
05. If you can make a movie crossover (like The Avengers or Freddy vs. Jason), what movies would that be? And give a title. (Kalau kamu bisa bikin film crossover kayak Batman v Superman atau Freddy vs. Jason, film-film apa yang mau kamu gabungkan? Sertakan judul crossovernya.)
06. If your life were a movie, who will possibly direct it? (Kalau hidupmu adalah film, siapa yang cocok menyutradarainya?)
07. If your life were a movie, what’s the title? (Kalau hidupmu adalah film, apa judulnya?)
08. If you could live in a movie for a week, what movie would you choose to live in? (Kalau kamu bisa hidup dalam sebuah film selama seminggu, film apa yang kamu pilih?)
09. What does your blog’s name/title really mean? (Apa arti nama blogmu sebenarnya?)
10. How would you describe your interaction with your blog’s audience? Is it like a teacher to students or what? (Coba deskripsikan interaksimu dengan pengunjung blogmu! Apakah seperti guru dan murid atau ada yang lain?)
11. Now please describe your blog in 3 adjectives! (Deskripsikanlah blog-mu dengan 3 kata sifat saja.)
Part 3: Bloggers I nominate.
Here comes 9 bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award.
- It Caught My Eyes
- A Cinephile’s Diary
- The Jose Movie Review –> Jose’s entry
- Arul’s Movie Review Blog
- Iza Anwar
- #freakingflicking –> Adi’s entry
Go bloggers! I’d be very glad if you’re partaking on this and I’d love to read all your answers to my question as well as your next questions. It’s okay not to accept it, but it’d be more fun if you accept it and pass the torch. Good luck! You’re nominated!
9 thoughts on “The Liebster Award 2016”
The geek in me really wants to see a Stan Lee biopic. Great pick. Glad you found Netflix. It is addictive, ain’t it? I love Woodley as an actress, too, but agree the quality of her films is going downhill. Thanks for accepting. I will check out some of the blogs nominated that I am not familiar with.
Who doesn’t? Everyone wants to see how Stan Lee came up with his superhero ideas.
Netflix is super addictive. I just can’t help it.
Thank you for the nomination, Wendell. Hope to return the favor one day. Enjoy the passing torch!
Thank you for the nomination.
I took the challenge, and here’s the result:
Sorry, I haven’t made questions to pass on.
Promise will do later.
Glad to hear you accepted the challenge 🙂 gonna check yours and what to pass on later. Yang penting sih fun-fun aja, ngga perlu repot 😀
congrats x 3
Waoow thank youu Mas! Such an honor to be nominated by you hahahah. I’ve posted a post about it right away. Here’s the link http://freakingflicking.blogspot.co.id/2016/04/the-liebster-award-2016.html
Hope you like it!
Sama-sama, Adi! Gonna check your post soon. So excited anytime the torch gets passed on! Happy Blogging!